Sunday, October 10, 2010

STRONG ... a layout about Siebe ...

I took this picture of my husband recently. When I saw these KaiserCraft papers I knew the colours would look perfect together! On the back of one of the papers was a wavy pattern, which I decided to cut out. I also added a strip of striped paper.

I placed my photo a bit under the light blue curve and I also stamped some flourishes in the corners (sorry I didn't take a picture of this). I wanted to add a personal touch to the layout and decided to grab one of my favourite products: the Bazzil In Stitch Template Formal Flourishes.



I wanted to keep the wavy pattern going, so I chose this template:

I first pierced the holes and then I handstitched the flourish in blue.


The layout looked like this at this stage:


I used another sheet of the collection to further embellish the layout. I cut a journaling tag from the sheet. I cut some of the orange and blue 'splashes' out of the paper too.



Using foam dots I stuck the splashes on the layout. I also inked the edges to make them stand out a bit more.



I wrote the following Scripture on the tag:"That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10



Done!


6 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Echt supermooi geworden en leuk dat je het stap voor stap laat zien!

Liefs Gwendolyn

Ria said...

deze layout hebben we zien ontstaan op ons weekend...in het echt is hij natuurlijk nog mooier, maar ik vind het geheel helemaal TOP!x

Maja60 said...

Aah, je hebt hem af! Hij is erg,
erg mooi geworden.

Hanneke said...

Hij is mooi geworden Ingeborg!!!

BOXERGEK said...

Mooie layout, en dan het borduurwerk wat een werk zal dat geweest zijn.


Groetjes Esterina

Danielle said...

wat een mooie layout Ingeborg! veel werk met dat borduren, maar wel prachtig resultaat.
groetjes Danielle