Tuesday, September 28, 2010

'Livin' Out Loud' ; a layout about my friend Nienke and myself


My good friend Nienke, whom I have known for more than 20 years, is celebrating 19 years of marriage this week. So ... I decided to grab the boxes of photos that I still have to scrap ... these are photos of the two of us taken on her wedding day in September 1991. I loved scrapping those photos, because we surely had fun that day!

I started with a sheet of white cardstock. I normally tend to put my picture(s) in the middle of my layout, but this time I wanted to do it differently and put them more to the sides of the paper. I also wanted to use a few pictures, since I tend to make a lot of layout with only one picture.

I started with two strips of patterned paper. I wanted to have a 'base' for the pictures I was going to use.

I added some ribbon and some paper ribbon next to the patterned paper.

I added my photos with little square foam dots, because I wanted to be able to add more embellishments under the photos. Therefore I only stuck them on lightly.

I went through my stash and looked for paper flowers, silk flowers, felt flowers, buttons, pearls, rhinestones and transparencies to use on the layout. I glued some of them on my layout.


I wanted more colour and added more embellishments:


And ... I wanted to use something 'unusual' ... so I went to my gift wrapping basket and got some curling ribbon and used that for a final touch:

12 comments:

mrs_docko said...

Very cute layout. Some great fun pics too.
I do recognise that paper from somewhere ;-) Love the way you have used it with a few bits and pieces to come up with a funky layout.

Michelle Jamieson said...

Bright and beautiful.
Fabulous layout, Ingeborg!

Chelle Xx

Ria said...

ik vind hem zoo heel erg leuk en vrolijk!!! Een echte Ingeborg...een jonge Ingeborg dan wel ;) xx

Karen said...

Lovely work as always Ingeborg.

Hinke said...

Wat leuk gedaan Ingeborg !!!
Echt een vrolijke layout.

Mariska W. said...

Super lootje Ingeborg.. en super hoe je laat zien hoe je hem gemaakt hebt. Altijd leuk om te zien.

Hanneke said...

Wat een mooi Ingeborg!! Super met al die kleuren en bloemen!!!

Maja60 said...

Gave layout Ingeborg. Leuke frisse kleuren en het gebruik van meerdere foto's gaat je goed af. Leuk dat je laat zien hoe je de LO maakt!
Groetjes.

Gwendolyn said...

Werkelijk prachtig Ingeborg! En wat leuk dat je laat zien hoe je de LO hebt opgebouwd!

Liefs Gwendolyn

Anonymous said...

Dikke zoen van een trotse vriendin!

Liefs Nienke

Danielle said...

hey deze stond ook op het forum
; ik vind hem erg mooi en heel vrolijk!

Francine said...

Ingeborg - this layout is gorgeous. I love the colourful paper and embellishments you used. The addition of the curling ribbon is great!