Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One sketch; two layouts ...

If I am stuck for inspiration I sometimes use a sketch to get me started. Today I want to show you a sketch I made (it is only the second or third time I ever made a sketch, so please forgive me my 'beginner style')). I also would like to show you the two layouts that I made using the same sketch. You can safely download a larger picture of the sketch HERE (of course it is free, but feel free to email me a picture of your layout if you have used my sketch ... )

The photos of both layouts are made on the same day; the day our boys had a 'fancy dress' day at school. I don't mind using the same sketch more than once, especially if the layouts end up in different albums! Our son Tom dressed up as a soldier and our son Rick dressed up as a rock star. I have taken photos of the different stages of the layouts.

First I cut the patterned papers and put them on the layouts.

I used a new set of Tim Holtz stamps in the corners of both layouts. The sketch shows flourishes, but obviously you can be creative and use different shapes too!

I added a border using a template and I added the photos and a title.

I added journaling and some more embellishments and this is the end result of both layouts:

And two close up pictures of the journaling:

4 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Wat een leuke schets en LO's! Enne beginner? Het ziet er harstikke profi uit! Misschien dat ik jou schets weer gebruikt om mezelf te inspireren!

Groetjes Gwendolyn

Francine said...

Ingeborg this sketch is great. You should use it for your competition one month! I will keep it in mind when I'm next looking for inspiration. The layouts look great too.

Mariska W. said...

Errug leuk schets INgeborg.. ga me er zeker een keer aan wagen !

Karen said...

Great layouts Ingeborg. I love those Tim Holtz stamps. What set do they come from? I feel the need to get them.....they are perfect for the male LO's.