Monday, May 31, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Last year the 'Embellish It' Competition was a huge success! Therefore Tanyah and her team at 'Scrap 'N' Craft' decided to do it again! I participated last time and I have never been challenged to think outside the box, but I have never been more inspired too! And ... since I am part of the Tanyah's DT, I created a challenge for this competition too!
So ... it would be wonderful if some of you would have a go too! There are 2 parts this year, so please read carefully ... Please note that all prizes are in Australian dollars ...
- email your full name and gallery name to: Tanyah. We also need to know which competition you would like to be a part of (see details below).
- register in the GALLERY
- register in our SHOP
'EMBELLISH IT' COMPETITION...
- Will run for nine (9) weeks starting with the first challenge on Friday the 11 th of June at 12 midday AEST.
- ALL challenge entries will need to be put up in the Scrap N Craft with T Gallery by the following Wednesday, ready for our lovely Design Team girls to judge.
- Only one entry per person. Your first entry for the week is the one that will count regardless of if you have or have not met the criteria.
- No step by step photos allowed please. If you would like to do this please email us and we can do a separate blog post in a future week.
- Everyone will need to register to participate. This is to be done in the gallery and shop. You will also need to email me with your gallery name and real name to make it easier to work out who has won the prizes.
- Each Design Team member will provide 5 points that each week's criteria for their project will be judged on. This will change every week due to different projects that the Design Team member will do.
- There will be weekly prize of a $20 voucher to the week's winning entry plus a Design Team gift.
- The winner will receive a $100 voucher and $50 of goodies included in their order with a total of $150 for the winner. Second place will receive a $75 voucher and third place will win a $50 voucher.
- There are permanent Design Team positions up for grabs but this is optional if you accept.
- This year we are offering everyone who enters our competition and completes their weekly entries (in both the main competition and challenge section) a 10% discount in the shop. If you fail to create an entry for a week, your 10% discount ends.
- This is just for fun.
- There will be the same challenges as the above competition challenges
- If not all criteria isn’t met it will not matter.
- There will be no judging of your work. Entering at all is the fun part, and will keep you in the running!
- At the end of the ninth week, we will have a first and second prize that will be picked by Tanyah Payne (owner).
- All eliminated entrants of the main competition are allowed to enter and be part of this challenge and be in the draw to win the first prize of $40 and second prize of $25.
Friday, May 7, 2010
This weekend we celebrate Mother's Day all over the world. For all the mums reading this blog ... I do wish you all a wonderful Mother's Day (even though I like to think every day is Mother's Day) ... And ... I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you about the organization: 'Mother's Day Every Day'.
I made this layout for 'Scrap 'N' Craft' using the gorgeous Basic Grey range 'Green at Heart' once again! We had a little 'Mother's Day' photo shoot happening and Emma and I both wore pink (our favourite colour)!
I would like to pass this award on to: Ria, Moira and Angele! I visit yours blogs regularly and I am always inspired by your work! Thanks girls! And ... again, to all the mums out there:
Monday, May 3, 2010
This month's dare at 'Dare to Use Color' is to create a layout using only red and white. This is the layout I made about Emma, when she was about 18 months old. If you'd like to see the layouts the other girls of the creative team have made, please click HERE. If you'd like to participate, but you don't speak Dutch, please don't hesitate to email me!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
- white cardstock as a base
- a border punch
- one 13 cm x 18 cm (or 5 inch x 7 inch) picture
- at least one star (please note: the stars cannot be a pattern on the patterned paper, but you have to use chipboard, brads, stamps, stitching etc.)
Click HERE to see all the layouts that the Creative Team made for this challenge! The blog is in Dutch, so please let me know if you'd like to participate and/ or need translation ... Happy scrapping!