Sunday, January 17, 2010

A workshop and 'a desperate housewife ...'

Last Friday I attended a workshop 'Tim Holz Techniques' at De Scrapheap. Our wonderful instructor, Els, taught us many, many wonderful techniques. Can you believe that the only paper we used was WHITE cardstock and some brown cardstock for the background and the matting of the photos?
We used stamps, ink, paint, embossing powder, etc. to create our own backgrounds and embellishments. We all had a wonderful time! Thanks once again, Els!


I recently read the book 'Passionate Housewives, desperate for God' by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald. When I saw an online challenge at Home & Scrapped to create a layout using one or more 'poppets' I knew straight away that I wanted to do a layout with the same title as the book. Inspired by a vintage advertisment, I created this layout:

4 comments:

Beverley said...

Wow at those Tim Holtz techniques ... looks like lots of fun. And I really love your vintage housewife look ... that apron is stunning!

mrs_docko said...

Looks like a great workshop. Did you end up with much ink on the fingers?.... Hehehe....

Wilma said...

Wat prachtig al die technieken!!!
Die layout vind ik echt hilarisch!!!LOL

marion said...

het was heel leerzaam en gezellig.......
Ik ben blij dat ik je heb leren kennen...........