Monday, November 23, 2009

Embellish This! Week 6 ... the final round ...


I made it through the last round (week 6) of the Embellish This! competition at 'Scrap 'n Craft With T' ... Click HERE to see all the requirements for this week.
I made a layout about Siebe and myself. Our 13th wedding anniversary is coming up, so I wanted to create a layout about the love my husband and I share. I also wanted to include a photo from 13 years ago, which was taken on our wedding day. As you can see we haven’t changed a bit … LOL (except a few kilos extra, glasses and a few wrinkles and gray hair here and there)… The bottom picture of our two hands is taken a few weeks ago and it shows my wedding ring. The photo also symbolizes that we are still very much in love after a live of many blessings and challenges …
Anyway … I spend quite some time thinking about this layout and wanted to alter a few different things: the photos, the journaling block and the background paper. I chose blue paper, since blue is my husband’s favourite colour. I only used black, white and silver to keep the layout balanced and not too busy. Here is a description of the different techniques I used and how I have altered things:

Photos
1. I used an edge distresser on the side to give a ‘weathered’ look
2. I scratched with a needle to create a frame on each photo
3. I inked the edges

Background paper
1. I crumpled the paper and inked the folds and corners
2. I used an iron to flatten the paper again
3. I cut a heart out of white cardstock to make my own mask
4. I stamped ‘Love never fails’ (1 Corinthians 14: 4-8) around the mask
5. After removing the mask, I used Pritt Correction tape to ‘draw’ a heart
6. I doodled on and around the correction tape to finish the heart in the middle
7. I hand stitched a border on the four sides of the paper

Journaling Bllock
1. I cut a heart with my Sizzix machine.
2. I punched little holes and doodled around them.
3. I cut around the doodled shape.
4. I cut three slightly smaller hearts and inked them around the edges.
5. I put my journaling on those three hearts.
6. I glued them together to create a ‘mini journaling book’ in a heart shape.

Title
1. I used rubons and Thickers (both by American Crafts) to create the title on a transparency.
2. To ensure the lighter rubons would be visible I added some white acrylic paint to the back of the transparency.

Embellishments
1. I stamped different swirls on a transparency with white acrylic paint and I cut around them.
2. I cut more swirls out of white cardstock with my cutting machine.
3. I inked the edges of the cardstock swirls.
4. I added lace under the title, since lace is the 13th anniversary gift.
5. I used the sequins to emphasize/ ‘outline’ the doodled heart shape.

The journaling reads:
‘Dear Siebe, there are many reasons I love you! You are an amazing guy, who is also very handsome and smart. After 13 years of marriage I still love you more each day!’

0 comments: